Employee Parking Validation Pilot Program
If you’re an employee working in Downtown Santa Monica then you are eligible to participate in the city’s new Employee Parking Validation Pilot Program, which began Aug. 1, 2017.
Instead of paying as much as $17.50 for an 8-hour workday, downtown employees can pay just $6 for six hours of parking, or $9 for 12 hours.
Requirements for participation:
• Must be an employee working in a commercial establishment located within the area bounded by California Ave., Lincoln Blvd., Pico Blvd., and Ocean Ave., including businesses located on the east/west side of Lincoln Blvd. and north/south side of Pico Blvd.
• Proof of employment — provide one of the following:
- Current pay stub from a business as defined above
- Employee ID badge
- Signed company letterhead from a commercial establishment/business within the boundaries as specified above
• Valid government-issued photo ID
• A qualified employee may purchase validations for self only and may not purchase validations for others
• Every qualified employee is only allowed to purchase up to 20 validations of any combination per calendar month
• Employers are not allowed to purchase validations on behalf of employees
• Validations are only valid at Parking Structure 1-6 and 9 only
• No refunds and no exchanges for lost or stolen validations
How to purchase validations:
Validations are only available for purchase through SP+ Parking Operations Office located at 1334 Fifth St.
• Pay with a major credit card or check/money order payable to City of Santa Monica only
• For more information, please contact SP+ at 310.576.4743 or via email firstname.lastname@example.org
A number of private parking facilities in Downtown Santa Monica offer discounted monthly off-peak parking at the rate of $30 (plus tax) per month. This parking is available on weekdays after 5 p.m. and all day on weekends. Parking locations and contact information are listed below.
120 Wilshire Blvd.
233 Wilshire Blvd.
401 Wilshire Blvd.
1333 Second St.
429 Santa Monica Blvd.
1299 Ocean Ave.