1. When does the ice rink open and what are the hours of operation? Is ICE at Santa Monica closed on holidays? Will the rink close due to unique weather situations?
November 1st, 2013 - January 20th, 2014
Hours of Operation
Monday-Thursday: 2:00pm - 10:00pm
Friday: 2:00pm - Midnight
Saturday: 10:00am - Midnight
Sunday: 10:00am - 10:00pm
Holiday Dates and Hours
Monday, November 11th: 10:00am - 10:00pm
If there are unpredictable or inclement weather situations during the season, ICE at Santa Monica may close for short durations of time. Please contact the rink for specific information on any possible closures or call Downtown Santa Monica Inc. at 310.393.8355. We do our best to keep the rink open to skaters at all times.
2. Where is ICE at Santa Monica located and where do I park?
1324 5th Street (At the corner of Arizona Ave and 5th Street in Downtown Santa Monica)
Parking is available in Downtown City Parking Structures #1 or #3, just off of 4th Street.
For real time parking availability, visit www.downtownsm.com/parking-map
3. What skate sizes are available?
Children sizes: 10-4 | Adult sizes: 5-12
4. How do I book a private event or birthday party?
To book a private event or birthday party, visit our events page at by clicking here.
5. What is the cost of admission? If I bring my own skates, what is the cost?
The cost to skate is $12 and includes skate rental. For skaters who bring their own skates, the cost is also $12.
6. Who manages the rink?
ICE at Santa Monica is operated by Downtown Santa Monica, Inc., which manages Downtown Santa Monica and Third Street Promenade, in partnership with Rink Specialists.
7. How long can I skate at the rink?