1. When does the ice rink open and what are the hours of operation? Is ICE at Santa Monica closed on holidays? Will the rink close due to unique weather situations?
November 1, 2014 - January 19, 2015
General Hours of Operation
Monday-Thursday: 2:00pm - 10:00pm
Friday: 2:00pm - Midnight
Saturday: 11:00am - Midnight
Sunday: 11:00am - 10:00pm
If there are unpredictable or inclement weather situations during the season, ICE at Santa Monica may close for short durations of time. Please contact the rink for specific information on any possible closures - 310.260.1199. Or call Downtown Santa Monica Inc. at 310.393.8355. We do our best to keep the rink open to skaters at all times.
2. Where is ICE at Santa Monica located and where do I park?
1324 5th Street (At the corner of Arizona Avenue and 5th Street in Downtown Santa Monica)
Parking is available in Downtown City Parking Structures #1 or #3, just off of 4th Street.
For real time parking availability, visit www.downtownsm.com/parking-map
3. What skate sizes are available?
Children sizes: 10-4 | Adult sizes: 5-12
4. How do I book a private event or birthday party?
To book a private event or birthday party, visit our events page by clicking here.
5. What is the cost of admission? If I bring my own skates, what is the cost?
The cost to skate is $15 and includes skate rental. For skaters who bring their own skates, the cost is also $15.
6. Who manages the rink?
ICE at Santa Monica is operated by Downtown Santa Monica, Inc., which manages Downtown Santa Monica and Third Street Promenade, in partnership with Rink Specialists.
7. How long can I skate at the rink?
ICE at Santa Monica does not restrict the amount of time skaters can enjoy the rink, as long as it's within operating hours and skaters adhere to the code of conduct.
8. Do you offer season passes?
We do not offer a season pass, but Skater's Dozen cards. The cards sell for $150 at the rink and are good for 12 skate rentals.
9. Do you offer skating lessons? If so, how do I book a lesson?
The Randy Gardner School of Skating is the newest of schools for the sport of figure skating. Designed and presented by U.S. and World Pair Champion, Randy Gardner, the school offers an on-ice program for the recreational skater from the first steps on the ice to the slightly more seasoned skater, as well as, private lessons in a pleasant and easy atmosphere. ICE At Santa Monica is the perfect fit for this type of series of classes allowing the community a chance to experience the joy of skating combined with basic instruction for